Exciting Tax Manager Opportunity in the Charlotte Area!
Exciting Opportunity for a Tax Manager in the Greater Charlotte Area!
Our client was named the #5 Best Place to Work by the Charlotte Business Journal and the top ranked accounting firm in its class. They are looking for a tax and accounting expert to manage and facilitate the accurate preparation and filing of our company’s state and federal tax forms. The ideal candidate is a team player who manages the tax team to greater performance, creates and implements tax plans and works with the accounting and leadership teams to identify opportunities for process improvement and potential areas of risk.
Responsibilities for Tax Manager
- Facilitate and manage the preparation and review company federal tax returns and the accurate, timely filing of all tax forms.
- Ensure accurate, timely filing of consolidated federal, state and local income tax returns and other business-related filings.
- Find and implement opportunities for process improvement in company tax procedures.
- Develop and implement strategic tax planning for all necessary federal and state taxes.
- Manage members of the tax team as they prepare components of the company's US federal income tax return and other tax documents.
- Plan for and develop overall return calendar and coordinate timing and inputs with tax team.
- Maintain effective control procedures over all aspects of the tax process.
- Provide support with various internal audits and special tax related projects.
- Review tax returns and quarterly/yearly tax projections.
- Manage and mentor members of tax team to greater levels of effectiveness and engagement.
Qualifications for Tax Manager
- Extensive individual/corporate/partnership tax knowledge
- Strong accounting, analytical, and research skills.
- Strong knowledge of tax code, compliance and procedures for corporations.
- Familiarity with U.S. federal, state and local reporting requirements.
- Strong ability to utilize project management and accounting best practices to organize and prioritize tasks and the tasks of other tax team members.
- 5+ years of experience in a tax manager or public accountant role and at least 2 years of experience in a management role.
- Preferred candidates have a current CPA license and a master’s degree in an accounting discipline.
Interested candidates should forward their resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
Categories: Accounting / Finance / Insurance
Location: Charlotte , North Carolina, United States
Reference ID: x1e3sf